Contact Epic’s “So They Can Ride” Package. Because Every Child is Epic!
This year we are excited to work with a not for profit So They Can and provide a way for you to ride our beautiful trail and make the world better at the same time!
Each year Aberdare Ranges Primary School (founded by So They Can in Kenya) welcomes a new intake of 120 students. Sponsorship of these children ensures they receive quality education, two hot meals a day, access to clean water, text books, stationery, and medical care.
Riding for a child will provide this care for four months!
So They Can will provide you with:
- A Give A Little page designated to you with a profile of the child you are riding for. You can use this to raise your funds and share on social media.
- One ticket to So They Can’s Breakfast to talk over the race and celebrate our big day out. This will be held at Jack Rabbit on Sunday 15th April. Extra tickets can be purchased for your support crew at $25 per person.
- You will be invited to a riders’ page on facebook which will keep you updated with training information and tips for riding.
- You will receive an arm band with a photo of the epic child you are riding to support. If you wish to continue your commitment to this child (for just $67 per month) then your donation will be converted to cover your first months of sponsorship.
- With a goal of only $300 of fundraising per family you can provide care for a child for four months, $800 would care for them for a year!
We are happy to be partnering with So They Can because we believe that all children have the right to a quality education. This is the only sustainable way to break the poverty cycle the children So They Can work with are born into.
Thank you for your participation. We are excited that our little event in Wanaka can be such an act of global compassion because every child matters.
To register and ride for So They Can please email Raewyn at email@example.com with these details:
- What race you are entering
- Your story
If you choose to become a permanent sponsor of the child you are riding for, you may use this $300 donation to contribute to this. Becoming a permanent child sponsor is huge act of kindness and TRUELY EPIC!!
This package is designed to add a little luxury to your Epic adventure and do a little good in the process.
LMS Events has teamed up with So They Can to provide you with luxurious accommodation, excellent meals and car hire, plus the opportunity to ride the Contact Epic while also supporting one special child attending Aberdare Ranges School in Kenya.
All profits from this package go to these epic children in need of your support. That’s right, this is guilt-free luxury!
So They Can is a not for profit organisation empowering communities in Africa through education – www.sotheycan.org
So They Can staff have organised the package (which includes race entry) as below and are happy to help you with any queries.
- Rental car from and back to Queenstown Airport – including bike rack
- Accommodation at the renowned Oakridge Resort
- Entry to the 2018 Contact Epic (your choice of bike distance):
Traverse distance (35km) includes lunch and a drink at the Hawea Hotel.
Classic distance (95km) includes transport from the Hawea Hotel to start line.
- Pasta dinner at Hawea Hotel – Friday night following race registration, mental and physical preparation!
- 3 course dinner at Hawea Hotel on Saturday (6.45pm) following the prize giving. Enjoy a superb meal with views over Lake Hawea.
- So They Can Brag Breakfast at Wanaka’s Jack Rabbit Restaurant. Hosted by So They Can CEO – Cass Treadwell and Contact Epic Race Director – Danielle Nicholson. Your chance to meet the other So They Can riders and share those adventure stories you have just accrued.
Oakridge Resort Wanaka
Oakridge Resort Lake Wanaka is a 4.5 star hotel set in a stunning mountain landscape offering spectacular views of New Zealand’s Southern Alps. The extensive facilities include outdoor hot pools, guest spas, day spa, gym, restaurant and bar meaning you can prepare or relax in any way you choose. Get a good night’s sleep in a super king or two single beds with soft feather duvets. Rooms are available as double, single or twin share and include tea and coffee facilities. Breakfast is also included in your rate(apart from race day). If you wish to stay for longer Oakridge Resort has a special rate that is available for Contact Epic riders. Contact them directly to book extra days onto your stay.
Support a child through SO THEY CAN
Your special ride package includes a $300 donation to So They Can. Your donation will enable So They Can to feed, clothe and educate a child for 4 months. Each year Aberdare Ranges Primary School (founded by So They Can in Kenya in 2010) welcomes a new intake of 120 students. You will receive a photo and profile of the epic child whose life-changing journey your are riding to support. If you wish to continue your commitment to this child (for just $67 per month) then your donation will be converted to cover your first 4 months of sponsorship.
So They Can Ride Pricing
This amazing opportunity can be taken up as a two night (Friday/Saturday) or three night (Thursday/ Friday/Saturday) option.
- 1st Two night NZ $ 1,300 per person
- 1st Three night NZ $ 1,550 per person
- Family packages are also available please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss individual requirements.
- Thursday 12th April: Arrive Queenstown Airport. Collect your rental car and make your way over the scenic Crown Range to Oakridge Resort, Wanaka. Settle in, visit the stunning lakeside resort of Wanaka and select from any of the quality local restaurants for dinner. The best flights from Sydney arrive Queenstown at 2.10 and 2.30pm.
- Friday 13th April: If you arrived yesterday then today you can continue to explore Wanaka at your leisure – this is a renowned adventure destination. There are a number of bike shops in town who are more than happy to assist you with mechanical and nutrition assistance if required. Or arrive at Queenstown Airport and transfer to Oakridge Resort, Wanaka. 5.00pm – Leave Oakridge Resort for Hawea Hotel for race registration and pasta dinner. This is your chance to view the terrain and meet other riders.
- Saturday 14th: Drive to Lake Hawea in time for your race start. Prize giving (5.30pm) and dinner (6.45pm) at Hawea Hotel. Return to Oakridge for a soak in the hot pools before a well earnt sleep.
- Sunday 15th: 9.00am Brag Breakfast at Wanaka’s Jack Rabbit restaurant. 11.00 am Drive to Queenstown Airport for flights home (allow at least 1hr for travel from Wanaka to Queenstown). Best flight to Sydney leaves Queenstown at 4.00 pm.
You are entitled to 75% refund prior to 14th March. After that date no refund can be guaranteed. Please check Contact Epic race cancellation policy for the event terms and conditions.
How to Register
- Send an email stating your interest, your chosen race entry and number of nights to email@example.com.
- You will be sent an invoice.
- On payment of invoice you will receive a special code to use on your registration with Contact Epic on their website. This code will identify you as a So They Can rider and you will not be billed.
- You will also receive all relevant information, airport transfers, car hire details and any other additional details.
Registration closes on 31st March 2018 at Midnight. In accordance with Contact Epic rules late registrations will not be accepted under any circumstances.
We look forward to welcoming you to Contact Epic 2018!
There is some flexibility with this package. Please contact Raewyn (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to discuss your unique situation or clarify any details.