Registration and Race Start
Registration will be held between 3pm – 9pm Friday evening at Lake Hawea Hotel.
There is no registration on the morning of the event, unfortunately if you have not picked up your race number at registration you will not be able to compete on race day.
A carbo-loading pasta meal is available for any competitor or supporter at the registration venue between 6 and 8pm. Included in the price of $25 is two pastas (vegetarian and meat) bread, salad and a hot fruit crumble with custard. Meal tickets are available on the Entry pages.
At the registration you will receive:
- Race briefing, safety and the latest course changes information sheet.
- Carbo-loading meal tickets if purchased.
- Any pre paid merchandise.
- Your race number plate and 3 zip ties to attach your number to your bike. NOTE:
- This number plate also doubles as your event certificate. Riders will be able to differentiate the different categories by the different coloured number plates.
- Centurion riders will have a gold number plate
- Epic riders will have a red number plate.
- Classic riders will have a blue number plate.
- Traverse riders will have a green number plate.
Start / Time : Saturday
Reserve day is Sunday the following day (all race timings will remain the same). All courses will start at the same time if the reserve day is used. All riders must be parked 30 mins prior to race start to ensure you are at the start line 15 mins before race start for a pre race briefing if required.
160km Centurion Start 7.00 am same as the Epic. See below.
125km Epic Start 7:00 am on Domain Road beside the Control Dam below the Lake Hawea Hotel.
There are no reserved positions, so it’s first up best dressed for the start line except for previous winners of the Epic Open Men’s and Woman’s who have podium positions.
Position yourself for the start based on your ability and, if not competitive or clear about bunch riding protocols, please stay towards the back.
95km Classic Start 7:00 am at Kidds Bush on Meads Road, 6km off SH 6.
Position yourself for the start based on your ability and, if not competitive or clear about bunch riding protocols, please stay towards the back. It takes 45 mins minimum to get to Kidds Bush from Wanaka.
35km Traverse Start 7:30 am beside the Control Dam below the Hawea Hotel at the Epic Riders start line. Position yourself for the start based on your ability and if not competitive please stay towards the back.
Race Briefing: A full written race briefing will be given to you when you register at the Lake Hawea Hotel. It is compulsory that you read the Race Briefing carefully, as it contains important safety and or course change information that you need to know.