Recommended gear as per the list below should be carried. However the best person to make that decision about your safety is you. Check the weather here and here. Consider how long you could be out there, consider the worst case scenario and plan accordingly. We believe if people are thinking for themselves then they are safer than someone telling them what to do. We can have four seasons in one day in this part of the country so plan accordingly, think smart and race well.
- 2 tubes or a puncture repair kit
- Tyre leavers
- Multi tool
- Chain breaker (learn how to use it please)
- Poly prop / Thermal layer top and bottoms
- Serious waterproof jacket.
- First Aid kit (gauze squares, tape, a couple of Paracetamol or Nurofen tablets, an elastic crepe bandage, sunscreen, anti-chaff cream).
- Whistle in case you go over a bank, break a leg and no one can see you.
- Survival blanket in case you are there for some time whistling.
- At least one water bottle and sufficient food to meet your individual energy needs for 5-10 hours of riding.
For cold weather
- Poly prop / Thermal beanie
- Full finger gloves
- Shoe covers
NOTE: We want you to enjoy this challenge regardless of the weather. Help us to help you. Anticipate the things that could go wrong and plan accordingly. Make sure you have the gear to get you to the finish line.